MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Thursday, May 27, 2010

WILD ABOUT DAISIES

My very favorite flowers
in all the world, you see,
are these small white wild daisies
that are smiling at me.
Such a sunny disposition
they have me in their power
I could happily sit among them
for hour after hour.
I delight to see a woodchuck
reach high to grab a flower
and pull it down to munch upon,
or should I say devour!
They grow in such profusion
all along the way
I visit and admire them
'most every single day.
Every dainty daisy white
causing me to giggle,
wears a tiny lacy tutu
with a sunburst in the middle.
I can't bring myself to pick them
though every year I try,
so beautiful right where they grow.
and they would only die.
So welcome back, sweet daisies,
to me you are so dear,
I'm so glad to have you back once more
to fill me with your cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment