MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Thursday, December 30, 2010

SO HAVE YOU SEEN THAT WOODCHUCK LATELY?

As a matter of fact I have!!!  It is December 30th and our insomniac woodchuck visited the feeder again today!!  As a matter of fact, he hasn't missed a single day since my last post about him back on December 15th.   Pretty amazing really!  Sometimes he will even appear at the feeder before daylight, while at others, he comes out either in the late morning or early afternoon.  What a funny little character!!!!!  I wonder if he is beginning to feel the slightest bit sleepy?

Here are a few pictures of him taken both before the snowstorm and immediately after.  But since I had to take them through the screening so as not to scare him off, they came out rather poorly.  Still that chubby woodchuck silhouette is unmistakable!!!

This is December 22nd...... 



and December 23th........





and again on the 26th.





This one was taken on the 27th when it was exceptionally cold and windy.  Look how deep the snow was!!! Do you think he had to shovel out the entrance to his borrow before he could get out to come eat? Now that would be a serious addiction!!!





Well, at least he is only stopping by for a short nosh each time now instead of spending the entire day chowing down! I guess you could call that making progress!!   Still I think I ought to contact Guinness to see if he has broken any records in the woodchuck division!!!  I'll definitely keep you posted on how long he will keep this up.  Hmmm, perhaps I should hold a lottery and people could choose the date and time he will last be seen.......no, I suppose not......

No comments:

Post a Comment