MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Friday, July 9, 2010

DOILY DAY!!!!

Nature, of course, is my main focus in life.  Following the seasonal changes is such a joy for me.  I particularly love to accentuate my enjoyment of each season by decorating my home, not only with items I find out in nature, but also with themed doilies representing each one in turn. So today I thought I would share with you just a couple of my Summer doilies.




Of course, flowers abound in the summertime and these doilies represent just a few of them. I have to pick and choose my patterns carefully as I don't have very many places to display them.  And it's just too sad to think of storing them away (in pizza boxes) for the season.  Sort of like getting a bouquet of flowers and sticking them in the closet!!



Daisies, as you may or may not recall from my first post, are my favorite flower in all the world.  Oh yes, I admire and delight in all the exotics as well, but for me, there is nothing else like a pure white daisy. They are the friendliest of flowers because they always look like they are smiling back at me.





This little beauty covers my doumbek drum perfectly!  The colors came out slightly muted in this picture, but but that's alright, because the butterflies steal the show anyway!



Ruffly little pansies!  Once again I could not quite capture the lusciousness of the brilliant purple and orange, so you'll just have to use your imagination. 



This is one of my very favorites!!  It looks difficult but it was so easy that I made another for a hostess gift for the dear lady who hosted my Herb Clubs Summer Tea last year.  She loved it, and the accolades of all the other ladies was fun too!


And last, although certainly not least, is this delicate little beauty.  It graces the top of the wood stove for the Summer, bringing just a smidgen of  seasonal warmth to the one that keeps me so toasty warm all Winter long (while it takes a much deserved long Summer's nap)!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little doily sampler.  I look forward to sharing many of my other creations with you along with way.

No comments:

Post a Comment