MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Saturday, July 10, 2010

FUN WITH COVERED STONES

A while back I learned a delightful technique from Margaret Oomen at Resurrection Fern.  She has a tutorial teaching how to cover a river rock with this 'picture frame'  type cover.  She made these berries in the Winter snow on hers. Margaret is a fantastic photographer and crafter as well, and you might want to check out her blog (see my list of blogs that inspire me).  It is a very uplifting site!!!

And this is the stone that I made from Margaret's tutorial.



Before long I had a bowl full of them for my hearth.  I just looked at pictures of Margaret's for inspiration and did my own thing. At first it felt awkward to crochet upon the rock, but after I made a few it was easy.




Sometimes I will spread them out on a doily for the day so I can enjoy them more fully.



It's fun to create a centerpiece 'of the day', especially if the weather is overcast and kind of gloomy



Then I decided I would make a rock for each of the four seasons of the year.  This is my Summer rock.  There was no pattern, I just did my own thing.  I am very partial to dragonflies, so of course my representation of Summer just HAD to include one!




My home is very season oriented and that is how I choose to make my blog as well, so you will just have to wait to see the other three rocks as their time rolls around on the calendar.  I do hope you will find the time to check back from time to time.



Yes, that IS a giant bowl of sea glass (another of my passions), but that's a story for another day.......

1 comment:

  1. oh i love your rocks and how you have them displayed!!! This post has also inspired me!! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete