MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A SHORT MUSHROOM FAIRYTALE

These shots were all taken from the same tree at my daughters home.  I loved watching them constantly transforming over time and teased her about having a 'fungi of the week" thing going on.  And this is where my little story begins!


One day I went to visit my daughter and was greeted by this inquisitive face. "Who goes there?" he  asked as he shyly peeked out from inside his hollow tree home.


For quite a few weeks I had the pleasure of knowing him. He also kept a close eye on my car for me, and promised to whistle if anyone disturbed it.


But then one day, when I pulled up to my usual parking place, I found he no longer lived there. In his stead was this exquisite bouquet of vivid golden mushrooms.


And such delightful speckled beauties they were too!  It now became evident that the fairies had taken up residence in the itty bitty cave now left vacant at the very top of the miniature mushroom steps.


I enjoyed watching for a glimpse of the fey with each visit as all those golden caps gradually flourished into dainty fairy parasols. Can't you just imagine them sitting outside on a  warm Summer's day shaded by those delicate canopies?  As a matter of fact, I am certain I saw some movement on several occasions as I pulled my car up to their  tree abode.
 
 
 
But then one day I arrived to discover that the fairies too had decided to move on. In their wake were these tiny amber steps leading to the land of the fey and an open invitation to come and play any time I might find a way to shrink myself down Alice in Wonderland fashion.  I am currently in search of a bottle that says 'drink me'!  Have you by any chance seen it? 
 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment