MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A FEW WINTER PHOTOS

This time of the year I wouldn't think of leaving the house without my trusty camera.  Everywhere I turn is yet  another breathtaking shot that I just can't live without!  Allow me to give you a small sampler of what I mean.

There is a special spot along a gentle stream that speaks to my heart.  No matter what the season, it just feels like coming home.  I can breathe more deeply there and quite my mind.  If I feel ill, it quickly passes as I sit and listen to the water murmuring over the rocks. And yet, when so tenderly covered in a pure white blanket of snow, it is the most tranquil of all!











One of my favorite Winter sights are the ice flows that issue from the cracks in the rock ledges on the sides of the road like so many miniature frozen waterfalls. But rarely can one stop safely to take pictures.  These were taken on the fly as Frank drove the car as slowly as possible.










Look for the magnificent face in the rock behind the large veil of ice.





Yes, Winter's magnificence is in its gifts of ice and snow, but a camera (mine at least) does not come close to giving justice to these exquisite works of art.  You need to get out there and experience them for yourself!  It doesn't take very long really, and you need not even leave the warmth of your car. So why not take the road just a wee bit slower today and instead of riding the bumper of the car in front of you, relax a little and open your eyes to the exquisite beauty of Winter all around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment