MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SHHHH.......

Okay, listen carefully because I'm only going to whisper this once.....I think 'the woodchuck who refused to hibernate' has finally fallen into a goose feed induced stupor!!  Well, he hasn't been seen in quite a few days now, so that's what I am hoping anyway!!   I imagine he will be dreaming about noshing as he slumbers.  A true goose chow junkie!!

Although he HAS been sighted even with the couple of inches of snow we had on the ground (tough guy!), I really doubt that he will want to plow through the additional 4 or 5 inches of the new snowfall we received last night.  Not with THOSE stubby little legs anyway!  So (hopefully) it's "Goodnight little groundhog, goodnight!  See you in the Spring.  Sweet dreams (of goose feed, of course)!"

Snow at last!!  Not quite enough for snowshoes, but at least we finally got some!!  Funny how the brunt of it is missing us this season.  So many places are being absolutely clobbered with massive snow totals, and we have a total combined Winter accumulation thus far of maybe 6 inches here in the Pocono Mountains!!!  Hmmm! Oh, but the view out my slider this morning was sooo lovely !!!   I took a couple of pix to share with you. This is what I see from my comfy perch right in front of the slider door.



I just love it when the snow coats everything in sight!!!



Notice 'who' is missing from this picture....yep, the woodchuck!  Let's hope it stays that way!  I mean, the little guy has GOT to get some serious zzz's in before Spring, no?




Well, I am off to continue doing the snow dance now to see if I can't conjure up our fair share of the white stuff!!  Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment