MY PHILOSOPHY

MY PHILOSOPHY
When we show our respect for the other living things, they respond with respect for us.----Arapaho Proverb

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

WELCOME WINTER!!!!

Welcome Winter come what may!!  If recent weather patterns are any indication, it certainly seems as if we might be in for a whopper of a season!  So whether (or should I say weather) this is indeed a sneak preview of the next ice age, or just Autumn and her blustery winds and Old Man Winter with his snow and ice collaborating and having some fun at our expense, no one can really say for certain.

But I for one am looking forward to this Winter!  I can hardly wait to go snowshoeing, build snowpeople, take tons of Winter scene pictures, relax in front of a roaring fire, OD on hot chocolate, and all the other delights of the season.

As you may or may not recall, I adore all four seasons, and the way I express it is to decorate my home in honor of each one of them in its own time.  And so, you might ask, precisely how does a Nature Sprite decorate her home for Winter?  Let me show you!

There must, of course, be a special tribute (or two or three) to Old Man Winter, without whom there would be no Winter to celebrate! 






Then there must be lots and lots of snowflakes and icicles.....














add some frosted leaves....







and a few snow folk....









plus a generous helping of snow and ice fairies.....









"sprinkle"  with just a few snowflake cookies, and there you have it!!!






This year my husband found the most perfect pine cone lights for me.  I just love the way they glow so soft and warm. Thank you Frank!!!





So once again, welcome Old Man Winter!!  I am so happy that you have finally arrived!!



No comments:

Post a Comment